View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 20 Sept 2012
- Time: 9:00 am PDT/11:00 am CDT/12:00 pm EDT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
Dino E. Medina, Esq.
Deputy General Counsel & Vice President of Advisory Services
Complete Discovery Source
Dino's brief biography
Dino serves as Deputy General Counsel and Vice President of Advisory Services at Complete Discovery Source, Inc., a leading national and international eDiscovery hosting, processing, production and consulting service provider to law firms, corporate clients and government agencies. He designs substantive eDiscovery review protocols and custom workflows to achieve synergy between legal theory, technology deployment, work product consistency and cost savings for CDS’ clients. Dino also guides clients on how best to utilize state-of-the-art eDiscovery technologies to increase accuracy and efficiency in the eDiscovery document review process.
Dino received his B.A. Cum Laude from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and his J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law. While at Hofstra Law School, Dino received comprehensive courtroom skills training via the renowned National Institute for Trial Advocacy. He was also the first student advocate in the history of his law school to recover attorney’s fees as a clinical practitioner.
Dino is a member of the New York Bar and has extensive private practice experience in the areas of commercial litigation and eDiscovery. Dino has drafted and successfully argued numerous eDiscovery motions before state and federal judges and magistrates. He is also a frequent CLE speaker and writer for the New York County Lawyers’ Association on eDiscovery law and technology issues.
President and Founder, Review LessSM LLC & President and Founder, Review Right, LLC
Karl's brief biography
Karl is the President and Owner of Review Less is a Pittsburgh based electronic discovery consultancy that focuses on predictive coding. He assists companies with implementing predictive coding in a defensible manner and works with law firms in litigation with drafting predictive coding protocols and creating workflows including serving as an expert in Global Aerospace v. the first case in the country where a court affirmatively ordered the use of predictive coding despite opposition to its use by the opposing party. Global Aerospace Inc. v. Landow Aviation LP Va. Cir. Ct. (Loudon Cty.), Consolidated Case No. CL 61040, Order Approving the Use of Predictive Coding in Discovery entered 4/23/12. He is also a Special Master in the W.D. of Pennsylvania Special Master Pilot Program for Electronic Discovery. He has trained dozens of judges on advanced analytic review tools. He created and hosts ESIBytes.com, the nation’s largest collection of free E-Discovery podcasts recorded with expert judges, lawyers and technologists with over 200 shows recorded and available for free download on the Internet. He also created ReviewRight.com, a web based test for document review attorneys.
He practiced law at Pittsburgh based Marcus & Shapira. He received an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University and graduated on Law Review and Cum Laude from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Some of his past honors include receiving an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2004, a Vestige Award for Most Innovative Use of ESI in 2008 and has been involved with Inc. 5000 Award Winning Companies in 7 years with three different companies.
- Technology Assisted Review – Impact on Workflow and Offshoring
- Offshoring issues: Relative advantages of outsourcing e-discovery
- Requirements for ethical protection and production of e-records
- Best practices of e-discovery and increased control over the e-discovery process
- Training LPO staff on e-disclosure to leverage the accessible talent pool
- Identifying the pros and cons of outsourcing an e-disclosure process before entering into legal proceedings
- Disclosure obligations: Preservation, retrieval and organization of the documents and data to facilitate reviews for disclosure and investigatory purposes
- Learning, what offshore document review operations should know about US e-discovery and European Union data protection regulations
- Avoiding the potential pitfalls - especially regarding your firm's reputation for ethical business practices--in litigation where work has been outsourced
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
GOAL webinars will give you the opportunity to promote your brand, products, services and expertise to an audience of decision makers. Raise your profile, gain new customers and demonstrate thought leadership. For further details on how you can work with us as a partner, please email at
or call +1-562-366-4706 or +91-981-073-7210.