View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 21 Sept 2012
- Time: 9:00 am PDT/11:00 am CDT/12:00 pm EDT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
Jane M. Simon
Law Professor, Notre Dame Law School
Founder, LawWriter LLC
Jane's brief biography
Jane M. Simon is the Law Professor at Notre Dame Law School as well as Founder of LawWriter LLC. Jane is responsible for managing overall operations and directing the development and resources of LawWriter, a United States based LPO company that provides litigation support services to companies and law firms in the Americas and Europe. In addition, Jane has been a Professor at Notre Dame Law School for the past six years, teaching appellate advocacy, legal writing, and legal drafting. Prior to founding LawWriter, Jane practiced law in the litigation department of McDermott, Will & Emery, specializing in business, employment, and intellectual property matters at both the trial and appellate court levels.
Jane also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Wayne R. Andersen of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Jane is a frequent author and speaker on legal drafting and research topics as well as issues affecting legal education in the United States. Jane earned her J.D. from Indiana University School of Law in Bloomington, where she served as Executive Editor of the Indiana Law Journal.
Legal Writing Specialist & Founder
Legal Writing Consultants
Lisa's brief biography
Lisa have taught legal writing and analysis - and consulted to lawyers nationwide - for over fifteen years. Lisa coaching style is highly tailored and results-oriented. Before providing any training service, Lisa conduct a thorough writing skills assessment and survey each organization's unique writing culture. Lisa then create an energetic and interactive program that yields concrete results. Lisa longstanding relationships with clients speak to the evolving role Lisa have come to play for many of them as a trusted resource to firm management and professional development staff.
Lisa graduated from New York University School of Law in 1993, and practiced as a litigation associate at three firms - in New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut - before beginning a career in law teaching and consulting. Lisa have taught at several law schools and universities, including Boston College Law School, Suffolk University Law School, New England Law School, and Brandeis University. To her coaching, Lisa bring a background in academic counseling and years of competitive athletic training in the sport of triathlon.
- Introduction to Legal Research
- Legal Research and What Resources to Use
- International and Foreign Legal Research
- Outsourcing Legal Writing
- Legal Writing Essentials
- Effective Structure: “Define, Explain, Apply”
- Grammar and Style: the WriteSuccess Model
- Editing: Perfecting the Document
- Legal Writing Training Models for Firms, Corporations and Individual Practitioners
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
GOAL webinars will give you the opportunity to promote your brand, products, services and expertise to an audience of decision makers. Raise your profile, gain new customers and demonstrate thought leadership. For further details on how you can work with us as a partner, please email at
or call +1-562-366-4706 or +91-981-073-7210.