View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 6 Nov 2012
- Time: 11:00 am GMT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
Of Counsel, Intellectual Property Solicitor (England and Wales), Attorney-at-Law (qualified in New York, U.S.A.) Simmons & Simmons LLP
Nicholas' brief biography
Nicholas specialises in intellectual property law with a focus on electronics, telecoms and software patent litigation. He acts both as a lawyer and as a patent attorney for clients in the English Courts and the European Patent Office. Nicholas is an experienced advocate and litigator, notably successfully representing five high-tech British companies in the Astron Clinica appeal in the High Court, prompting a change of UKIPO policy towards claims involving computer/software inventions. He has extensive technical experience in the areas of electronics and software having acted on behalf of a wide variety of multinational electronics firms dealing with subject matter ranging from image processing and voice recognition through to telecoms and e-commerce. Read More..
Partner, Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney
Bill's brief biography
Bill is a registered patent and trade marks attorney with a range of knowledge and experience in the areas of physics, electrical and electronic engineering, and computing. Bill became a partner of Madderns in 1996. He is a Member of Engineers Australia. Bill has worked as an engineer in the South Australian Police Force, designing radio communications systems, and has also worked for world-leading communications company, Motorola.
Bill is involved in the drafting and prosecution of patent and trade mark matters in Australia and overseas. He travels overseas on a regular basis to attend conferences and visit corporate clients, keeping them up-to-date with Australian IP trends and reporting their progress in various litigation and opposition matters for which he is responsible.
Bill was a tutor and Fellow of the Academy of Education of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia for five years, which involved teaching the skill of drafting patent specifications to trainee patent attorneys and also, along with fellow tutors, setting and examining the examinations for qualification.
Bill is also an avid cyclist and enjoys riding in the hills of Adelaide each weekend.
- Patent management processes - planning, execution, and reviewing
- Identification of patents to protect, hold, abandon, or monetize
- Outlining IP governance, strategy and management
- How to identify potentially patentable designs
- How long trademark protection for product designs are available
- How long does design protection under copyright law last
- How do your legal protection activities, e.g. by patents, support your factual protection strategies, e.g. technology leadership?
- Protection under trademark law for product designs
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
GOAL webinars will give you the opportunity to promote your brand, products, services and expertise to an audience of decision makers. Raise your profile, gain new customers and demonstrate thought leadership. For further details on how you can work with us as a partner, please email at
or call +1-562-366-4706 or +91-981-073-7210.