View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 22 Nov 2012
- Time: 11:00 am GMT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
DLA Piper LLP
John's brief biography
John Wilks is a partner in the Intellectual Property (IPT) group. He has extensive experience in a range of domestic and international intellectual property issues, IP and media litigation, data protection and breach of confidence work.
While he has acted for a broad range of clients, John's practice has a particular focus on the media, sport and technology sectors. He has acted for national broadcasters and newspaper publishers, major sports leagues, and a number of software companies.
Chambers & Partners 2011 comments he 'is renowned for his track record in working for clients from the media sector. Clients say he can be "reliably trusted to handle whatever you throw at him".'
John has acted for the UK football leagues on a series of cases relating to rights in sports data, which have played a significant role in developing UK and European law on database copyright and database rights.
John has also advised clients on, and given seminars on, the generic Top Level Domain programme, and what this important development in the world of internet domains means for brand owners. Read More..
Chawton Innovation Services Limited
Donal's brief biography
Donal O’Connell is the Managing Director of Chawton Innovation Services Limited. The company offers consultancy in the areas of innovation and intellectual property management. In the past year, the client base has included leading Universities, a global IP service provider, a selection of major IP Firms, a global telecoms company, a compliance firm and some global chemical companies. There has also been a global food and beverages company, a global heavy engineering company, one of the big four financial services companies, plus a variety of SMEs. Donal graduated from NIHE Limerick (now The University of Limerick) in Ireland in 1985, with a Degree in Electronic Engineering.
Donal had a long career at Nokia for 21 years and has a wide and varied experience in the wireless telecoms industry, having worked for periods in The Netherlands, UK, USA, Finland, and HK. Donal is a former VP of R&D and Director of IP at Nokia. In the US he was manager of Nokia R&D in Texas from 1997 to 2003, growing the site from scratch by recruiting and developing more than 600 engineers and developing and launching many successful products.
More recently, from 2003 to 2009, Donal was a Director of IP at Nokia and was the leader of Nokia's Patent Creation team. Donal has been a member of the Executive Board of the Eco Patent Commons initiative as well as Chair of the CPA Global Memotech IUG.
- Legal framework of R&D contracts
- Alternative ways of requiring technology
- Description of IP rights
- Conditions of transfer of IP rights and technology
- Why should you protect your intellectual property?
- IPR and consumer protection
- International protection of intellectual property
- Establish a physical presence to monitor your intellectual property rights
- Maintain records to effectively enforce your intellectual property rights
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
GOAL webinars will give you the opportunity to promote your brand, products, services and expertise to an audience of decision makers. Raise your profile, gain new customers and demonstrate thought leadership. For further details on how you can work with us as a partner, please email at
or call +1-562-366-4706 or +91-981-073-7210.