EU Competition Law - Changes and Developments for a Global Lawyer
View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 20 Nov 2012
- Time: 11:00 am GMT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Andre's Brief biography
André specialises in all aspects of EU and UK competition and regulatory law, including telecommunications and postal regulation. He advises clients in a wide range of sectors including financial services, consumer goods, transport and retail markets, and he has worked in the firm's Brussels and Hong Kong offices and on client secondment to Vodafone and Lloyds Banking Group.
André is closely involved in the firm’s India practice and has spent time working in the Brussels and Hong Kong offices. He has also been seconded to Vodafone and Lloyds Banking Group. Read More..
Norton Rose LLP
Mark's Brief biography
Mark Jones is a competition lawyer based in London. He specialises in competition (antitrust), regulatory and public procurement law.
Mark advises on the full range of competition and regulatory issues arising under the Competition Act 1998 and the Enterprise Act 2002, and Articles 101 and 102 of the EC Treaty; UK and EC merger control laws; utilities regulation; state aids; and public procurement laws. His experience includes a secondment to the Office of Fair Trading, the lead UK competition authority.
Mark’s work involves advising companies on seeking competition clearance in M&A transactions; competition and regulatory compliance of commercial arrangements and practices; acting in cartel, monopoly and market investigations by the competition authorities; advising on competition law aspects arising in litigation disputes; and advising in the context of investigations and reviews by the utility regulators.
Mark is a recognised competition specialist in Chambers, Legal 500 and Legal Experts, where he has been described as “a fantastic competition lawyer” and “extremely helpful on regulatory issues”; praised for his “intelligence and experience in competition law”, and for being “proactive and pragmatic” and “client orientated”; and recommended for providing clients with “sound advice and support” and “great business-oriented advice”. Read More..
- Articles 101: Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU)
- Research and updates
- Competition compliance programs
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Joint Ventures
- Anti-competitive state regulation
- Proper staff training
- Latest developments in the areas of competition law
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
GOAL webinars will give you the opportunity to promote your brand, products, services and expertise to an audience of decision makers. Raise your profile, gain new customers and demonstrate thought leadership. For further details on how you can work with us as a partner, please email at
or call +1-562-366-4706 or +91-981-073-7210.