Arbitration Agreements: Pitfalls to Avoid While Drafting Them
View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 29 Nov 2012
- Time: 9:00 am PT/12:00 pm ET/11:00 am CT/5:00 pm GMT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
Oliver E. Browne
Oliver Browne is a partner in the London office and a Solicitor Advocate. Mr Browne has been an international arbitration specialist for a decade, and he has represented companies in proceedings conducted under the LCIA, ICC, UNCITRAL, DIAC, DIFC-LCIA and ICSID rules as well as on an ad hoc basis. Mr Browne also has considerable experience advising on arbitration related proceedings, and general commercial litigation, in the English High Court. Mr Browne's recent experience includes disputes in various industry sectors, including the power generation and distribution, energy, defence, media, retail and manufacturing, financial services and private equity sectors. Read More..
Brazilian, Law degree from the S├úo Paulo University, 1972, with over 37 years of experience in legal practice. Founded his own law firm in 1992. Member of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), Chapters S├úo Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Bras├¡lia (Distrito Federal); S├úo Paulo Lawyers Association (AASP), and the Regional Administration Council (CRA) - S├úo Paulo.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS - as a result of his experience and background, he has the ability to understand the client┬┤s problems within the context of their respective culture, objectivity, global strategic vision, fast thinking, capability to economically and contextually assess a given situation so as to enable clients to visualize implications and impacts of their decisions. Read More..
- Trap 1: Is the issue arbitrable?
- Trap 2: Inadequate choice of the applicable rules
- Trap 3: Non-fulfillment of the mandatory requirements
- Trap 4: The arbitration clause is distinct from the main agreement
- Trap 5: Choice of arbitrators
- Trap 6: Multi-party agreements
- Trap 7: Payment of fees to the arbitrator(s)
- Trap 8: Confidentiality
- Trap 9: Definition of the limits of the arbitration
- Trap 10: State immunity
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services - law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services - LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
- "I found the participation on the panel a very useful experience in getting my thoughts organized for an external audience and also meeting people with similar challenges."
- Jacqueline J. Ertl, Group Vice President and General Counsel - Building Efficiency, Johnson Controls, USA
- "I had a great time and thought that it was a very well put together conference."
- Matthew F. Knouff, Esq., General Counsel & eDiscovery Counsel, Complete Discovery Source, USA
- “I greatly enjoyed participating at the NYC Conference. I also greatly appreciate all the organizations and their efforts into making this event go so smoothly!”
- Tanya Vasilev, Sr. Manager, Legal, Cisco, USA