Conducting Intellectual Property Due Diligence in M&A Transactions
View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 10 Dec 2012
- Time: 9:00 am PT/12:00 PM ET/11:00 CT/5:00 pm GMT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
Samuel G. Kramer
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Samuel's brief biography
Samuel G. Kramer’s practice focuses on outsourcing, complex technology licensing, commercial contracting, and supply chain agreements. He is frequently involved in outsourcing transactions and large scale IT services projects. Mr. Kramer also focuses on emerging technology services, including mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) transactions.
Samuel practice focus is on multi-jurisdictional outsourcing, MVNO, complex licensing and commercial contracting, and supply chain integration.
Samuel is recognized in Chambers Global in the field of outsourcing, and in Chambers USA in the fields of Technology Law and Business Process Outsourcing. He is also recognized in The Legal 500 as a leading lawyer in technology outsourcing. In 2004, he was selected as one of the “40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch”. Mr. Kramer is an adjunct faculty member at the John Marshall Law School where he has taught Cyberspace Law in the Information Technology LLM Program. He spent nine months in Baker & McKenzie’s Hong Kong office as an associate in the information technology and telecoms group. Mr. Kramer is the North American coordinator of the Firm’s MVNO practice. Read More..
Partner, Ratio Law LLP &
Principal IP Works®
Durham's brief biography
As founder, Director & Principal Consultant of IP Works® & a partner of Ratio Law LLP, Durham GRIGG holds the following professional qualifications and memberships:
- B.Sc degree (Monash University)
- LLB degree (Australian National University)
- New South Wales Legal Practitioner - admitted to practice as a sole practitioner with the New South Wales Law Society - Australia*
- Accredited Mediator - Lawyers Engaged in Alternative Dispute Resolution (LEADR)
- 'Neutral' (mediation) panel member - World Intellectual Property Office - Alternative Dispute Resolution Center
- Member - UK Licensing Executives Society
- Member - Intellectual Property Research Institute of Australia
- Member - International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Purpose of due diligence
- Identify ownership and control issues
- Identification of IP assets
- Valuation of IP assets and risk
- Evaluate possible infringement claims by or against company
- Determine revenue enhancing potential of IP
- Leveraging due diligence results in deal negotiations
- Impact of the AIA on the due diligence process
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
GOAL webinars will give you the opportunity to promote your brand, products, services and expertise to an audience of decision makers. Raise your profile, gain new customers and demonstrate thought leadership. For further details on how you can work with us as a partner, please email at
or call +1-562-366-4706 or +91-981-073-7210.