View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 27 Nov 2012
- Time: 9:00 am PT/12:00 pm ET/11:00 am CT/5:00 pm GMT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
Gaurav's brief biography
Gaurav Mohindra is IP Counsel at DTS, Inc. His practice involves the procurement of IP assets. Specifically, worldwide patent and trademark prosecution. He concentrate on advising clients on complex IP issues arising in the context of corporate transactions, including mergers, standards activities, and technology transactions. He counsel clients in standalone licensing transactions involving intellectual property assets. He also have considerable experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating agreements involving various technologies, including license, collaboration, co-development, supply and manufacturing agreements. Prior to joining DTS, Inc.
Gaurav worked for Accenture as a Senior Strategy & Technology Consultant and addressed the technological needs of a diverse group of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and start-up companies. He also advised clients on a wide variety of e-commerce issues, including VOIP, application distribution and management, software development, disaster recovery, and application service provider issues. Managed teams of developers and controlled budget.
Gaurav received his JD, Intellectual Property Law from University of NH - School of Law and MS in Computer Science from DePaul University. He holds license to practice before the USPTO and serve as a member at California Bar and Illinois Bar Associations. He has expertise in digital signal processing technologies and digital supply chain business models; commercializing, monetizing, and enforcing intellectual property.
Technology Transactions, Privacy and Data Security Attorney
John's brief biography
John Nicholson is an attorney who focuses on structuring and negotiating large outsourcing transactions (both on and offshore) including IT outsourcing and various BPOs (including HRO, Facilities Management, Procurement, Finance and Accounting), cloud-based service agreements, and large systems development and implementation agreements. As part of his practice he assists clients in dealing with privacy and data security issues, including compliance with US, European and other global privacy laws and state privacy and data breach notification laws.
Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. Nicholson was the acting IT director for a mid-size company prior to hiring the CIO and project manager for the company's Oracle Financials implementation.
Mr. Nicholson is currently the president of the Washington, DC, chapter of the Cloud Security Alliance.
- Potential risks in outsourcing
- Outsourcing agreement terms and conditions
- Pricing (Off shores outsourcing and outsourcing bills)
- Compliance, governance and dispute resolution (Legal framework/Data protection laws)
- Transition services in connection with M&A cross-border transactions (Cross-border transfers)
- Buying and selling of technology
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
GOAL webinars will give you the opportunity to promote your brand, products, services and expertise to an audience of decision makers. Raise your profile, gain new customers and demonstrate thought leadership. For further details on how you can work with us as a partner, please email at
or call +1-562-366-4706 or +91-981-073-7210.