View all other web events here
- Venue: At your desk: On your Laptop/PC or Phone
- Date: 07 Dec 2012
- Time: 9:00 AM PDT/12:00 PM EDT/11:00 AM CDT
- Duration: 60 minutes including Q & A
All our webinars and web conferences are organized in order to educate people, help businesses meet people, build relationships and spur the industry’s already exploding growth. This webinar is FREE for all.
We will send you your login information soon after the registration. For technical queries, please contact: +1-347-471-1991
Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
Alex's Brief biography
Alex Cameron practises civil litigation with a focus on corporate/commercial disputes, privacy, freedom of information and access to information, and software and internet litigation. He has experience at the trial and appellate level, before administrative tribunals, and in mediation and arbitration, including disputes involving: privacy, contracts, licenses, software, intellectual property (copyright, trade-marks, domain names and confidential information), misrepresentation, fiduciary duties, injunctions, and summary judgment. In the privacy field, Alex assists clients in privacy compliance and in identifying, evaluating and managing risks associated with privacy and information security. He has experience advising on a wide range of privacy matters, including: data breaches and breach notification, the application of Canadian privacy law to companies based outside of Canada, privacy policies and procedures, social media, privacy aspects of outsourcing and service provider agreements, records management, investigations, surveillance and litigation, cross-border issues, responding to requests for access to personal information, and the privacy aspects of marketing activities, including email marketing.
Alex works with clients from a wide range of industry sectors where privacy issues arise, including in the financial, insurance, retail, web/technology and health sectors. He regularly assists clients in responding to complaints and investigations by privacy authorities, including the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. Read More..
- Under what circumstances can employees and former employees request information?
- What is the effect of WikiLeaks for Freedom of Information?
- Difference between Freedom of Information Act request and/or a Data Protection Act request
- Circumstances under which you can legitimately refuse to comply with a request for information under this legislation
- Practical measures you can take while creating or processing documents in the course of managing day to day activities
- HR issues to minimise your risks under the Data Protection Act and/or Freedom of Information Act
- Precautionary measures to process sensitive personal data, such as records or reports
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for:
- Buyers of legal outsourcing services – law firm partners, counsels, IP counsels and IP lawyers, solo practitioners based in US, UK and other markets;
- Service Providers of legal outsourcing services – LPO executives, emerging LPOs from vendor locations in Asia, Africa, UK/Europe, America and others;
- Investors, Software Vendors, Researchers, Academicians and other interested stake holders of LPO industry
GOAL webinars will give you the opportunity to promote your brand, products, services and expertise to an audience of decision makers. Raise your profile, gain new customers and demonstrate thought leadership. For further details on how you can work with us as a partner, please email at
or call +1-562-366-4706 or +91-981-073-7210.